Teeming with wildlife and in the heart of the Dearne Valley
About the place:
The Cafe is in the RSPB Visitor Centre which was built in the 1700s, and still has the original oak beams. It looks out over the stunning vista that is the Old Moor landscape. Here is a great place to see Tree Sparrows on the feeders, as well as large flocks of Golden Plovers in the winter.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Kingfisher, Little Owl, Tree Sparrow, Golden Plover (winter), Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe
- Grass Snake
- Lakes, marsh and open countryside
- Views from the terrace and from inside
- Local organic ingredients
- Home-made cakes, soup and Sunday Roast
- Not licensed
- Open: All year round
What Customers say:
Location: South Yorkshire, England
- Old Moor Lane, Barnsley S73 0YF