Islander’s Rest, Sherkin Island, Cork
A stunning view of Baltimore Harbour
About the place:
The Islander’s Rest is a hotel, restaurant and pub, situated on a hill above an old castle on tranquil Sherkin Island. Sherkin is only a ten-minute ferry ride from Baltimore, but is a charming and beautiful island with a wide variety of flora and fauna. When Bird and Dine visited on a sunny April day, we sat outside and watched Black Guillemots in the harbour below, while a Kestrel hovered above us and a Pied Wagtail tried to snaffle some crumbs.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Black Guillemot, Gannet, Fulmar, Kittiwake, Guillemot, Great Northern Diver, Red-Throated Diver, Red-breasted Merganser, Shelduck, Chough, Peregrine
- Grey Seal, occasional Otter, Harbour Porpoise or Dolphin
- Cliffs, rocks and seashore
- Good views from the tables outside, restricted views from inside
- Locally-caught fish and seafood.
- Open: All year round
- Accommodation: Yes, please call for details
What Customers say:
Location: West Cork, Ireland
- The Islanders Rest, Sherkin Island, Co.Cork, Ireland