Award Winning Mizen Head Irish Lights Signal Station at Ireland’s most Southwesterly Point
About the place:
The Mizen Cafe is in the Mizen Head Visitor Centre, on spectacular cliffs above Ireland’s most south-westerly point. From the Visitor Centre, for an entry fee, you can walk over a bridge to stunning coastal views and the Old Fog Signal House at the end of the point. There are great opportunities to view whales, dolphins, seals and seabirds here.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Chough, Gannet, Kittiwake, Wheatear, Stonechat
- Vagrants especially in Spring and Autumn
- Minke Whale, Fin Whale, Humpback Whale, Killer Whale, Dolphin species, Seals, Basking Shark (summer only)
- Cliffs, sea, rocks
- Best viewed from outside tables
- Fresh home baking – cakes and pies
- Local seafood and fish and chips
- Not licensed
- Open: All year round at weekends, and every day from March to October.
- Accommodation: No
What Customers say:
- News: Stunning views, says it all, look here
Location: West Cork, Ireland
- The Harbour Road, Goleen, West Cork, Ireland