On the shore of Lake Champlain in Essex, NY.
About the place:
The Old Dock Restaurant is a popular location on the western (NY) shore of Lake Champlain and looks across to the Eastern (Vermont) shore. It is good for watching ducks and other water birds, and a reliable place to spot Bald Eagles flying, perching or fishing nearby while you are dining and sipping a local beer.
- Tufted Duck, Ring-necked Duck, Greater Scaup, Lesser Scaup, Goldeneye, Common Merganser (Goosander)
- Bald Eagle, Double-crested Cormorant, Common Loon
- Lake and distant mountains
- Good views from inside and out
- Local seafood, fish, meat and vegetables
- Specialities lobster and chowder
- At least 6 beers on draft, including local ales
- Open: Daily during the season
- Accommodation: No
- eMail: NO EMAIL
- Phone: +1 518 963 4232
- Website: http://olddockrestaurantny.com/
- Facebook: Old Dock Restaurant Bar & Grill
What Customers say:
- Reviews: – The food is ok, a bit pricey but the views are good
- News: – Wildlife, especially birds are numerous in the Champlain Basin
- Activities: – Wildlife viewing in the Missisquoi National Wildlife and Maquam Bay Wildlife a few miles up the road.
Location: New York State, USA
- 2754 Essex – Charlotte Ferry, Essex, New York 12936