Local food with a coastal view
About the place:
Skerries Bistro situated on South Ronaldsay (part of the Orkneys) is a bespoke ‘all glass’ building located 80 metres from cliffs with panoramic views across the Pentland Firth. Every table here has a sea view. In the car park is a prehistoric tomb – the “Tomb of the Otters”.
Thanks to Steve Sankey of Orcadian Wildlife for showing us this restaurant.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Gannet, Fulmar, Kittiwake, Common Scoter, Velvet Scoter, Peregrine, Hen Harrier
- Occasional Harbour Porpoise, Bottle-nosed Dolphin
- Coast and cliffs
- Excellent views from inside and out
- Locally caught crab and lobster (landed at Burwick Harbour 2 miles away)
- Home smoked fish – hot smoked salmon is a speciality
- The Dining Pod experience offers a seafood tasting menu in a pod with all-round views
- Fully licensed – local beer available.
- Open: mid-March to mid-October
- Accommodation: yes, (through Banks of Orkney)
What Customers say:
- News: put in info and ad link
Location: Orkney, Scotland
- Cleat, South Ronaldsay, Orkney, KW17 2RW