Close-ups of birds and a fine view
About the place:
The Asa Wright Nature Centre is one of the best-known birding and wildlife destinations in the Caribbean, famous for its wide variety of birdlife. Thanks to Charles Sharp for this recommendation.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Blue-grey Tanager, White-bearded Manakin, Golden-headed Manakin, Rufous-tailed Jacamar, Crested Oropendola, Motmots, Trogons, Honeycreepers, and many more
- Matte Lizard, Agouti
- Rain forest, steep valleys
- Fine views from the veranda
- Sandwiches and drinks only on the veranda (hence 2*)
- Full buffet lunch available inside the restaurant – please book in advance
- Licensed – Rum punch available!
- Open: All year round 9 AM -5 PM for day visitors (a small entrance fee is payable)
- Guided walks available at 10:30 and 1:30
- Accommodation: yes, call to confirm
What Customers say:
- News: Bat Falcon and other wonderful species seen from the veranda
- Reviews: The place is spectacular with wildlife and the food is okay, read the reviews
Location: Arima, Trinidad
- Blanchisseuse Road, Arima, Trinidad & Tobago