Only six miles from the city of Nottingham
About the place:
Attenborough Nature Centre is an award-winning Visitor and Education facility surrounded by the tranquil waters of the beautiful 226 acre Attenborough Nature Reserve, owned and managed by Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust. The cafe is situated upstairs and has views of the lakes and islands and an outside balcony. A short walk away from the Centre is the well-known Sand Martin Hide from which a colony of up to 150 Sand Martins can be viewed at close quarters.
- Common Tern, Sand Martin, Goldeneye, Goosander, Shoveler, Great Crested Grebe, Bittern
- Water Vole, Otter
- Lakes and islands
- Excellent views from the upstairs cafe and from the balcony, also in the nesting season there is a large screen showing images of nests on the reserve.
- Home made cakes and snacks.
- Lunch features organic, free range and local produce
- Not licensed
- Open: All year round 12 to 3 PM
- Accommodation: No
- Please note: There is a £2 donation for parking (all day).
- eMail: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0) 115 972 1777
- Website: http://www.attenboroughnaturecentre.co.uk/
- Facebook: Attenborough Nature Reserve
- Where to watch birds in East Midlands and surrounding areas
What Customers say:
- News: Education Center for the Young
- Reviews: Superb reviews from Google and TripAdvisor for trails and nature
Location: Nottinghamshire, England
- Attenborough Nature Centre, Barton Lane, Attenborough, Nottingham, NG9 6DY