An eco lodge in a rainforest riverside location with 500 acres of private nature reserve
About the place:
Located just 2 hours from San Jose, Selva Verde Lodge provides easy access to the rainforest. Selva Verde’s 500 acres of vibrant tropical nature are set in the heart of Costa Rica’s Sarapiquí Canton. La Terraza Restaurant looks out over the Sarapiquí River and the rainforest behind. There are feeders on the patio which are visited by a range of Tanagers, Honeycreepers and others. There are also buffet style meals available in the upstairs dining hall. Bird and Dine visited in 2011 and saw 104 species of bird in one day, and found a Blue-jeans Frog right next to the restaurant!
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Rufous-tailed Jacamar, Green Honeycreeper, Rufous Motmot, Sunbittern, Montezuma’s Oropendola, Green Kingfisher, Wood Stork, and many more!
- Emerald Basilisk Lizard, Howler Monkey, Blue-jeans Dart Frog, Green Poison Dart Frog
- Rain forest, river
- Excellent views from the terrace and the restaurant itself.
- Local food, wood-fired pizza oven
- Mediterranean specialities
- Will cater for special events and weddings, and offers guided walks, whitewater rafting, canopy tours and boat rides
- Open: All year round
- Accommodation: yes, call to confirm
What Customers say:
- News: Reviews are excellent if birds and wildlife is your desire
- Activities abound with excellent write-ups in a five hundred acre reserve
Location: Sarapiquí, Costa Rica
- Chilamate, Sarapiquí, Costa Rica