Panoramic sea views
About the place:
Birsay Bay Tearoom is on the northerly tip of Orkney Mainland and has panoramic views overlooking the Brough of Birsay and the cliffs of Marwick Head. The Rock Doves here are probably as close as you can get to ‘the genuine article’ in the UK. When Bird and Dine visited in September, we could hear the Seals calling from the sea, and watched Gannets, Fulmars, Bonxies (Great Skuas) and Rock Doves while we had excellent cakes and tea in the peaceful islands of the Orkneys.
Thanks to Steve Sankey of Orcadian Wildlife for recommending this place.
- Great Skua, Eider, Gannet, Fulmar, Rock Dove, Wheatear
- Grey Seal, occasional Bottle-nosed Dolphin
- Sea, beach, cliffs, and the Brough of Birsay!
- Excellent views from inside
- Home baked cakes
- Local ham, beef and cheese used in sandwiches, rolls and hot meals.
- Not Licensed
- The Tearoom’s own products and local crafts are also available for purchase
- Bikes also available for hire (limited number)
- April: Wednesday through to Monday – 11am until 4pm
- May to end of September: Wednesday through to Monday – 11am until 6pm
- October to March: Friday through to Sunday – 11am until 3.30pm
- Accommodation: No
- eMail: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)1856 721 399
- Website: http://www.birsaybaytearoom.co.uk/
What Customers say:
- News: For a tearoom this place gets great reviews (birsaybaytearoom.co.uk)
Location: Mainland, Orkney, Scotland
Birsay Bay Tearoom, Palace, Birsay, Orkney KW17 2LX