A rugged harbour in the extreme South-West of Ireland
About the place:
The multi-award-winning O’Sullivan’s Bar is at the heart of the picturesque West Cork port of Crookhaven and close to spectacular Mizen Head and the stunning beaches of Barley Cove. It has been in the same family since early in the twentieth century., and the O’Sullivans also run the shop next door, as well as neighbouring Nottages Bar and Restaurant. The proprietor, Dermot O’Sullivan, is interested in wildlife (and sport!) and ‘birder-friendly’. O’Sullivan’s claim to offer the most Southerly pint in Ireland, and Bird and Dine can testify that their open crab sandwiches and seafood chowder are well worth the diversion.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Gannet, Kittiwake, Black Guillemot, Guillemot, Great Northern Diver, Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gull, Red-breasted Merganser, Chough, Peregrine
- Grey Seal
- Cliffs, rocks and seashore
- Good views from the tables outside, restricted views from inside
- Locally-caught fish and seafood.
- Speciality: open crab sandwiches and seafood chowder; home-made bread and desserts.
- Local beer on draught.
- Open: All year round
- Accommodation: No
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +353 (0)28 35319
- Website: http://www.osullivanscrookhaven.ie/
What Customers say:
- News: Informative website
- Reviews are good; Google reviews, Tripadvisor
- Facebook says it all, fun time place
Location: West Cork, Ireland
- O’Sullivans Bar, 1-4 Rock Street, Crookhaven, Co. Cork, Ireland