In a rain forest riverside location within 500 acres of private nature reserve
About the place:
Hotel Villa Lapas is situated in a riverside location (the Rio Tarcolita) within 500 acres of private nature reserve, close to the Carara National Park, and is a well-known haunt of birders and wildlife enthusiasts. When Bird and Dine visited a few years ago, we saw a host of birds, as well as a Tayra and several Coatamundis. This is a great spot for Scarlet Macaws, and if you don’t see plenty of frogs here you will have been walking around with your eyes closed. Nearby is the bridge over the River Tarcoles where you can look down at enormous crocodiles!
Please note: there are several places called Villa Lapas in Costa Rica – this one is by the Rio Tarcolita in Camaronal!
- Bare-throated Tiger Heron, Scarlet Macaw, Lattice-tailed Trogon, Fiery-billed Aracari and many more!
- Basilisk Lizard, Coatamundi, Tayra, Tree Frogs, Snakes
- Rain forest, river
- Excellent views from the deck and the restaurant itself.
- Local Food
- Will cater for special events and weddings
- Open: All year round
- Accommodation: yes, call to confirm
What Customers say:
- News: see what people say here (tripadvisor.com, villalapas, reviews)
Location: Tarcoles, Costa Rica
- Camaronal, Tarcoles, Costa Rica (Note: Google maps erroneously shows the address as Playa Herradura.)