Magnificent Sea Views
About the place:
The Taversoe is situated on the island of Rousay (part of the Orkneys), in a south-facing location which offers magnificent sea views over the Eynhallow Sound towards Evie and Rendall on the Orkney Mainland. Rousay has a wide variety of interesting breeding birds, including Corncrake, Arctic Skua, Red-throated Diver and Merlin.
Thanks to Steve Sankey of Orcadian Wildlife for taking us here.
Disagree with our ratings? Tell us why.
(Before clicking the link – copy page title – then paste into pop-up form)
- Hen Harrier, Short-eared Owl, Arctic Tern, Arctic Tern, Gannet, Fulmar
- Common Seal, Grey Seal, occasional Killer Whale (Orca) and Dolphins
- Ocean, islands and hills
- Views from inside and from garden
- Locally-sourced meat, cheese and fish
- Extensive whisky selection
- Local beers available
- Binoculars by the window!
- Open: All year, but closed Mondays and Tuesdays from September to May
- Accommodation: yes, call to confirm
What Customers say:
- News: A place with great sea views and easy access to many other historic sites (taversoehotel.co.uk)
Location: Orkney, Scotland
- Taversoe, Rousay, Orkney KW17 2PT